It's a hands-on school emergency training event like no other.
preparED® 2016 - November 3rd and 4th, 2016
PreConference Workshops - Wednesday, November 2, 2016 Banff Rocky Mountain Resort - Banff, Alberta
Banff Rocky Mountain Resort - Banff, Alberta
The premier K-12 School Emergency Preparedness Training Event of the year.
Be prepared to be immersed in emergency issues and activities that are relevant and realistic for K-12 schools.
Come dressed for comfort but don't settle in, because everything about preparED ® is hands-on and interactive. It's the school emergency training event that you won't want to miss!
Come prepared to tackle an emergency and flex your decision-making skills, and leave with the knowledge, skills and mind-set needed to respond effectively to an emergency affecting your school and district. Registration is limited to just 50 participants and is designed to keep you engaged.
A must attend for:
- School Administrators
- District Administrators
- Program Coordinators
- SERT members
- ACT members
- OH&S Officers
- Communications Officers
- Risk Managers
- Crisis Counsellors
- First Responder Liaison Officers
Always engaging and eye-opening.
preparED ® is presented in "live it to learn it" style sessions that immerse you in a topic by weaving a live exercise into each session of the conference. Listen, learn, then leap in!
preparED ® is all about giving you opportunity to practice, practice, practice.
2016 Program Highlights
- Emergency Management Processes and Protocols
- Activating Your Plan – District (EOC) VS School (Site) Activities
- Who Does What – Understanding Your Role
- Collaborating with Responders, Community Agencies and Neigbors
- Dealing with the Masses – Mass Evacuations, Casualties, Student Releases, Structural Failures
- Critical Communications – Connecting with Internal and External Stakeholders
- After the Event– Demobilizing and Recovery
- Real-life Lessons – The Fort McMurray Experience
- ICS 100 Certification – 1/2 day
- HZ Online Fundamentals – 1/2 day
- Risk and Crisis Communications – 1/2 day
- ICS 200 Certification – Full day
Previous attendees have said, "you'll wish all your staff could attend", but ... unfortunately, due to the highly active nature of preparED, enrolment is limited.
preparED ® 2016 promises to be equally engaging.
Join our mailing list to receive an invitation to this outstanding professional development event.