Emergency procedures rely on clearly defined repeatable actions.
Well defined response procedures greatly enhance a school's ability to respond to an emergency and significantly reduces confusion for those involved in the incident.
At Hour-Zero, we make sure you have solid functional protocols, such as lock-down, shelter-in-place, drop-cover-hold, etc., that simplify needed actions for your staff and students.
Our well-thought out protocols:
- Make sense for your school
- Incorporate lessons learned
- Can be quickly executed
- Align to best practices
- Address first responder concerns
- Accommodates site-specific needs
- Distinguish between office and classroom procedures
- Easily understood by the youngest of students
Developing protocols is part of the puzzle, turning them into actions means ensuring staff, students, parents and first responders know your protocols and can execute them.
We complement your functional protocols with incident specific protocols that address a multitude of hazards. Incident-specific protocols cover emergency situations caused by:
- Natural disasters
- Human-made Disasters
- Technological Disasters
- Terrorism-related Events
Educate and Empower
We help by providing you with the tools and training needed to educate and empower your stakeholders.
Included in our available resources are:
- Classroom Protocols Summaries
- Quick Reference Guides
- Emergency Plan summaries for Parents
- Emergency Plan summaries for First Responders
- Emergency Plan summaries for Community Agencies
- Classroom Resources – The Hour-Zero Adventures of Andy and Ella
- Training modules aligned to specific protocols
Contact us to learn more about our approach and protocols.